Wednesday 6 July 2011

Husqvarna Nuda 900R ~ The Future of BMW?

Husqvarna's New Nuda 900R ~ The Naked Bike Everyone is Talking About.

The Husqvarna Nuda 900R seems to be all over the place at the moment, and what really astonishes me is that I've never even heard of Husqvarna. The Nuda 900R, although it doesn't look like it, houses a monstrous 900cc, 100bhp engine producing 73lbft of torque. Impressive stats but not so surprising to hear that the engine is a tweaked version of the BMW 800cc parallel twin. Husqvarna is owned by BMW and I would imagine they are using the company as a tool to access the younger motorcycle riding market.

After all, BMW GS1200s are hardly the first choice of 18 year old riders. With stock Brembo monoblock calipers, I can see the Husqvarna Nuda 900R being a massive sensation in Barcelona and Spain in general. It's got that agile naked motard look and the power to snake through the city traffic.



Husqvarna Nuda900R - A Heavy Weight Rival?

It's main competitor I guess would be the KTM DUKE or the Ducati Hypermotard. Either of which I would prefer to the Husqvarna Nuda 900R, but maybe that's because I'm too old school to go for a brand I don't know about. In fact, it was only when I heard that Husqvarna are related to BMW that I took them seriously. 

Next time you take your relaxing Sunday ride, be prepared to see young guns cutting you up on Husqvarna Nuda 900Rs, don't hate them, we are all bike nuts at the end of the day. 

 Fashion helmets I-FRAGILE 

Husqvarna Nuda 900R ~ Written by HelmetDress Barcelona, Helmet Cover Company


The press video of the Husqvarna Nuda 900R is the most horrible production I have ever seen. I don't understand why these bike companies spend all this money on R&R, produce beautiful bikes and then make some amateur video to launch the bike into the market, anyway, here is a glimpse. Let us know what you think on our Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment